Thursday, June 30, 2011

Vomit

Yes this post will be about vomit so if you can't handle even reading about vomit, please don't read...

So since Oliver had the Nissen done (where they tighten the esophageal sphincter so he won't reflux anymore, it also prevented him from being able to vomit. So when he starts dry-heaving, its him trying to vomit. He is the cleanest "vomitter" (for lack of a better word). I stick the end of the big 2oz syringe onto the burping tube and insert into his g-tube and that's how he vomits. Nice and clean, right into the syringe. Dump the syringe into the sink, rinse and we are good to go!
Well, today was a different story. I thought for some reason it would be great idea to rock him after he had a 4oz bottle... BIG no, no!! He starts dry-heaving. I plug him up, vomit starts coming into the tube and I didn't think it would be SOOO MUCH! Luckily I have a bottle close by so I grab it and I'm trying to unscrew the cap so I can pour the vomit in it without unplugging him. In the process, I tipped over the syringe and vomit pours all over the floor. I get the bottle open, he finishes vomitting, I put the syringe into the bottle. Unhook little man, and set him on the floor. Thinking its just a 2oz mess to clean up, no biggie, I hop up to grab a towel and a bowl of warm soapy water...and my FOOT KICKED OVER THE BOTTLE.... DAMN IT!!! another oz of vomit on the floor, in an entirely different spot! GROSS!!
I believe I got the stench of puke out of the carpet, but seriously, I just went from making my kiddo the "cleanest vomitter" to the messiest vomitter! At least when Keegan pukes he knows to do it on the floor in the kitchen, or on an area rug. Aiden knows to go to the bathroom....Oliver, through no fault of his own, "pukes" on the living room carpet. Fabulous! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment